THE CASTOR OIL PACK
The castor bean, also known as Palma Christi due to its shape and healing properties, is known most commonly as
a harsh laxative which is taken externally. A more gentle yet powerful form is a pack placed over the abdomen
applied with heat. The oil is absorbed into the lymphatic circulation to provide a soothing, cleansing, and
The Castor Oil Pack has many applications, and is specific in cases of non-malignant uterine fibroids, ovarian
cysts, fibrocystic breast tissue, painful menstrual cramps. Other conditions which respond well to the Castor Oil
Pack include headaches, migraines, constipation, liver disorders, gallbladder inflammation or stones. *With uterine
growths, bleeding, pregnancy or ulcers do not apply with heat.
Ingredients; Castor Oil, 2 sheets of plastic(garbage bags okay), 1 yard of cotton or wool flannel, heating pad
or hot water bottle, one large older bath towel set aside for this use, 3 safety pins.
Procedure; To be done one time a day for 30 days except during menses. Repeat as instructed by practitioner.
- Fold flannel like an accordion into three squares on top of each other to fit over your whole abdomen.
- Cut a piece of plastic 1-2 inches larger than flannel.
- Soak flannel with gently heated oil . Fold it over and squeeze till it’s oozing. Unfold.
- Place plastic and old towel over this to prevent staining the surface you’ll be lying on
- Lie down placing flannel over abdomen, putting fitted plastic over this. Your abdomen should be in direct
contact with the oil soaked flannel.
- Place hot water bottle or heating pad over the plastic then wrap with towel. (You may cover yourself and
tuck the towel behind you or wrap the towel behind and around your torso and pin.)
- Rest 1-2 hours. Use visualization, meditation, or just sleep.
- After finishing wash with 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 quart of water as well as soap to cut
*** Ladies: DO NOT use Castor Oil Pack during your menstrual cycle.
Another benefit to this treatment is your skin will become very soft with repeated treatments.